A group of people want to design, build and release a new product. They would like a method for organizing all the products and the work involved. They choose PRINCE2 to help them. PRINCE2 is a project management method to help teams deliver projects.
I deliver PRINCE2 courses to individuals, teams and organizations. After a course you should be able to join in on a PRINCE2 team and understand what is going on. The ideal goal is to increase the chances of having a successful project.
After a PRINCE2 course, many teams hire us as consultants to boost their projects. At Å we love our jobs. We love working with people to boost performances. More at the bottom of the page.
PRINCE2 material and resources:
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN a Controlled Environment, version 2) is a process-driven project management methodology.
PRINCE2 is based on seven principles, seven themes and seven processes.
- Continued business justification (Not only IT or marketing justification)
- Learn from experience (Saving valuable lessons)
- Defined roles and responsibilities (Who has what delivery?)
- Manage by stages (Control points throughout the project)
- Manage by exception (Continue if everything is still according to plan)
- Focus on products (Make the delivery measurable, and focus on that)
- Tailor to suit the project environment (Tailor PRINCE2 to size, risk etc)
- Business case (Why?)
- Organization (Who?)
- Quality (What?)
- Plans (How? How much? When?)
- Risk (What if…?)
- Change (What’s the imapct?)
- Progress (Where are we? Where are we going? Should we carry on?)
- Starting up a project (Pre-project)
- Directing a project (For the Project Board)
- Initiating a project (For initiation)
- Managing a stage boundary (To plan for next stages)
- Controlling a stage (For assigning work and dealing with everyday things)
- Managing product delivery (Formal process to handover work)
- Closing a project (To wrap up the project)
A folder with PRINCE2 english, norwegian and terms used at prosjektveiviseren.no
PRINCE2 primer from Dave Litten
PRINCE2 material from Management Plaza
Process diagram Norwegian
(Created with hyperlist, read more on hyperlists)